Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Visit To The Museum

On May 15, I took my Father on a surprise trip to the Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, Indiana.  Ok, it was May 15, 2004, but I just found the photos I took of the trip and thought I'd share them here.

The museum itself is the former factory and headquarters of E.L. Cord's empire and the art-deco showroom is the same one in which brand new Cords, Auburns and Duesenbergs were originally shown and sold.  Try to visit if you get the chance.

I'll be adding more captions as soon as I identify each car, but for now, sit back and enjoy...there are tons of pictures.

CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO ENLARGE

























1966 Duesenberg by Virgil Exner

1966 Duesenberg by Virgil Exner

1948 Tucker #1002

1948 Tucker #1002

1948 Tucker #1002





















Boardroom

E.L. Cord's desk

E.L. Cord's office

Tasco

Tasco

Tasco





















Prototype for the International Scout








Rare custom Cord with added headlights



3 comments:

  1. Jeff I can see the difference between these cars and the ones we saw last time..these cars carry more history..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're correct, Rajesh. The Duesenberg was considered far above Rolls Royce at the time. They were the cars that only the richest business tycoons and movie stars bought. The Cord was one of the first cars with front wheel drive and hidden headlights, not to mention other innovations.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. Let us know what you think!